How Much Does an App like Snapchat Cost?
Overview of Snapchat App:
Snapchat is a popular video messaging app, which allows users to take photos, record videos, add text, and drawings to them and send that to their friends and relatives. The uniqueness of Snapchat app is users can fix a time limit for how long recipients can view their snaps (messages). Snapchat is available for iOS and Android users. First released in 2011, Snapchat hit around 7 billion daily video views as of January 2016. Today, the company value is between $10 & $20 billion, which makes it world’s one of the most successful apps. Snapchat has inspired many entrepreneurs to build successful app of its kind, which has raised the app development cost.
Key Features of Snapchat App:
- Users can take photos, record videos, and alter it with texts and drawings and send instantly
- Users can set the time for how long recipients can view their Snaps or messages and once the set time limit is reached, the Snap gets self-destructed
- Before the message getting self-destructed, the recipient can download the image or video
- The self-destructed images are not saved, even in the app server
- Snapchat logo button, which allow users to find friends
- One can add a story to the image taken or video recorded
How much does it cost to develop Snapchat like app?
The real cost of Snapchat like app development depends on the following factors:
App Platform (Android, iOS (iPhone) etc.):
Attractive and non-complex design plays a very important role in the success of Snapchat like app. Good design generally costs more, but worthy.
If you want to keep all the features that Snapchat has, it may be a burden for you in the first step. So you are recommended to concentrate only on the core features in version 1 of the app. It can help you to bring out quality at affordable cost.
Generally Snapchat like app development costs between $5,000 to $14,500.