Enterprise Mobile App Development
Enterprise mobile app development is the method of developing a mobile app for the specific requirements of an enterprise. The app can be used by enterprise to solve its different business challenges, including integrating and streamlining the business process, and enhancing the employee productivity. Enterprise mobile app is also called as enterprise mobile application software, and enterprise mobile software.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is a popular approach in enterprise app environment, in which the employees are asked to bring their own device (smartphone) for installing corporate applications and accessing company data in their device. It gives employees personalized mobile experience, thus simplifies employees working process. It also cuts down cost spent on company devices.
Major Enterprise Apps:
- Automated billing systems
- Payment processing
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Enterprise Content Management
- Enterprise Messaging Systems (EMS)
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) etc.
Major Enterprise Apps Types:
- Native Enterprise App: One app for one platform (Android or iOS or Windows etc)
- Cross Platform Enterprise App: One app for multiple platforms
- Web Enterprise App: Enterprise app that can be accessed through web browser in mobile
- Hybrid Enterprise App: Enterprise app that can be accessed as web app through mobile browser, as well as as native app in mobile directly
Why Enterprise Mobile App?
To enhance employee productivity:
Working on-the-move or anywhere in the organization enables employees to give a better contribution towards organization growth. In other words, the organization can yield better performance from their employees.
To simplify business operations:
Simplifying business operations means creating the networked multi-operations environment, where the sales or field working team can react promptly to the actions of in-house employees or vice-versa.
To build connected enterprise:
Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), which allows to connect multi apps built for multi purposes. With this application, the organization can integrate app built for sales operations, ERP app, business intelligence app, CRM app and many other apps.
How Much Does it Cost to Build an Enterprise Mobile App?
Unlike consumer app, the cost of an enterprise app is difficult to estimate without the deep analysis of requirement. But the average cost of an enterprise app is around $270,000. Final cost is calculated on the organization’s preferences such as app type, platform, and specific requirements.