How Much Does It Cost To Design a Mobile App?
Design creates value to content. If the design is pathetic, there is no attention for content on any digital craft. Mobile app is not exception of that. Good app design always costs something extra, but worthy. Good design is crucial to the overall success of your application. It can turn users into leads (and then to customers), and increase ROI. The better the design, the more users get hooked to your app. However, knowing the design cost before before designing it is really great and really helpful. Let’s see how much it costs to design a mobile app:
Android and iOS App Design Cost:
There is not much difference between iOS and Android app design cost, though, there are somethings to consider. Designing for iOS is usually a bit pricey because of the Apple’s strict design guidelines that designers need to follow. On the other hand, sometimes the cost for Android app design can be more as the hundreds of devices need to be considered.
App Design Cost by App Type:
Note: The cost given below are pertaining to US market.
Simple app means basic functionality app, which is mainly intended to give information. The apps come under this category are calendar app, and dictionary app, etc. The simple app can take 100 hours to be designed and can cost around $5,000.
Moderate apps are database-driven apps, which may include users’ database, products database, real time chatting, and payment option, etc. E-commerce apps Amazon, and Flipkart come under this category and even messaging apps like WhatsApp as well. Moderate app can take 200 hours to be designed and cost around $10,000.
Complex apps are also database-driven apps, but it is mainly centred on users’ content. Social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, and blogging portal WordPress can be the best examples for this. The complex apps can take around 400 hours to be designed and cost around $20,000.
App Design Cost by Country:
US based app design firms can charge between $100 and $150 per hour for great design.
UK based app firms are a bit inexpensive compared to US, can cost $65-130 per hour.
Asia based, especially Indian app design companies can deliver the same great design at around $20 per hour. This is why businesses from US, Europe, and Australia are preferring Indian companies to design great apps.
Factors That Decide App Design Cost:
Design strategy: It includes identification of user roles, creation of use cases, behavioural scenarios and collection of user stories.
Features: The more the features (more screens), the more will be cost.
UI and UX design: Visual design shows you how the product will work, as the user moves from one screen to another. This includes colors, shapes, fonts, frames, buttons, and navigation style, etc.
Designers’ geographical location: This makes a big big difference.
How to Reduce App Design Cost?:
• Proper app design strategy can cut down your app design cost to a large extent. So plan well well before initiating to craft design elements.
• As said above, more features obviously cost more. So if you’re developing an app first time, focus only on core features in the version 1. Once your app geared up, you can consider the remaining features to include.
• In order to reduce UI and UX app design cost, it is better to handover your project to an app design firm which has experienced and certified UI/UX designers and they can wireframe once and design once, which saves design time a lot.
• Hiring UI and UX app designers and strategic design consultants is a time taking process and costly affair as well, so you can consider outsourcing your project to the best app design firm to get quality design at affordable cost. If it is outsourced to emerging markets like India, you can expect maximum ROI.
Benefits of Good App Design
• First impression is the best impression. The good app design creates a long-lasting impression.
• Good and simple app design facilitates the app discovery
• Engaging design can increase your engagement with users 200% compared to the ordinary design
• Good design can encourage users to share your app with others, which can double your user base
• Good app design can turn normal users into loyal users, and loyal users into customers
• Good app design can reduce the cost significantly that you spend on branding
Tips to Design a Successful App
• Design your app keeping the users in mind. Keep the interface simple and clear
• Create engaging UI & UX design to make users engaged to your app
• Keep the User Interface transparent and make the Navigation effortless
• Create a compatible layout that fits the screen of multiple required devices
• Keep the icons semantically accurate
• Colour format should be uniform for all pages, which can make your app a brand app
How Much FuGenX Costs to Design a Mobile App?:
FuGenX is an award-winning mobile app design company in India and USA. FuGenX designs apps that people love to use and share with others. FuGenX’s quality-driven app design service has helped India’s largest online grocery store Big Basket turn normal users into loyal users, and loyal users into customers. Disney, Praxair, Vodafone and Bharat Petroleum are other big brands who benefited from FuGenX’s world-class app design services.